Decatur Link of the Week: Soyscapes

It's been a little while since we've featured a "Decatur Link of the Week" here on PICTURE DECATUR, but I came across one today that is really, REALLY neat.

As such, I wanted to share it with all of you.

SOYSCAPES PHOTOBLOG
www.soyscapes.com

From the blog's author:
Soyscapes is the artistic celebration of Central Illinois, as seen through the lens of one Decatur area resident, worker and photographer.

Our region is many things. It is to home vast stretches of bountiful farm land, powerful global business and every day regular people with extraordinary talents, dreams and aspirations. Decatur and Central Illinois are traditional Rural America and old school blue collar rolled into one. We are the soybean capitol of the world.

I have been taking pictures for over ten years. Photography is my passion. It is what drives me and is my conduit for self expression. Central Illinois is where I live. My objective is to tell the story of the region and the people who live here in a memorable, meaningful way. It is my hope that you will enjoy my work and see the reality of the region through it.


As mentioned above, Soyscapes doesn't focus exclusively on Decatur.... it branches out into other areas of Central Illinois as well.  Nonetheless, the shots being posted are fantastic ones, highlighting those things that make Decatur and the Decatur area special to all of us.

Give it a look.  I was impressed!


Popular posts from this blog

N&W Explosion 1974

Brush College Road Improvements

Decatur Baseball: Fans Field and More